|Date Posted||June 4, 2020|
|Estimated Salary or Stipend||Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.|
|Experience Requirement||1 year of experience working in the field of Street Design, Road/Highway engineering, Road safety or Urban/Transport Planning or similar fields. Proficiency in English and Hindi is a must. (Reading and Writing) Proficiency in MS Office and AutoCAD is must. Working knowledge of Adobe suite and ArcGIS is preferred General awareness of road safety will be preferred Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as the ability to collaborate with other stakeholders on project delivery. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.|
WRI globally, has deep experience in the road safety sector and is widely recognized as a leader on this issue. In India, we have a multi-pronged road safety strategy that looks strategically at directing our tools, research, expertise, and partnerships in ensuring safe roads for all.
WRI India is looking for a candidate to assist in the delivery of the Safer Mobility for Youth project in Rohtak, Haryana.
Duration: 12 months
Number of positions: 2
Duties and responsibilities
The candidate will undertake and oversee specific responsibilities as are listed below.
- Coordination with the local administration, police, engineering departments, and other government offices/departments involved in road safety
- Coordination with educational institutes for focused group discussions, mobility surveys and other project activities with youth
- Coordinate outreach efforts on behalf of program/projects and anchor partner engagement activities
- Assist in primary data collection, compilation, analysis and visualization
- Preparation of necessary drawings, reports, presentations, graphics, etc.
- Assistance in conducting community awareness, capacity building programs and workshops.
- Assist the team in timely delivery of activities as outlined in the project.
Bachelors’ Degree (or higher) in Civil Engineering, Architecture or Planning
How to apply
Only Qualified applicants should apply online at https://jobs.jobvite.com/wri/jobs. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
The following documents are required to be attached along with the application:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae of no more than 2 A4 sized pages detailing academic and relevant experience.
- A sample of research-based writing that demonstrates analytical capabilities. This could be a paper or a dissertation chapter.
- A 2-4-page summary of the above sample of research-based writing targeted for a general (non-technical) audience.
- Names and contact details of two referees who can attest to the capabilities of the applicant.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Job Location Street Address
Rohtak, Haryana, India