|Location||New Delhi, India|
|Date Posted||June 4, 2020|
|Estimated Salary or Stipend||Not disclosed|
|Experience Requirement||Essential: Experience with ESRI ArcGIS software (ArcMap 10x and above) and GIS databases Experience working with geo- databases and other GIS data Ability to work independently Good attention to detail Willingness to learn and work well with others Strong organizational and time management skills Ability to speak and read English an asset but not required Strive to continuously build knowledge and skill sets and adapt to changing work responsibilities Must be willing to travel Desirable: Experience in the following technologies is desirable but not essential: ESRI 3D Analyst, Spatial Analyst or equivalent Knowledge of GIS datasets QGIS Experience of applying GIS to various applications|
The position requires a technically proficient individual to work with and to develop and grow our organizations mapping and GIS capacity. Duties will include outreach to our 3 centres in New Delhi, Gurgaon and Bangalore, creating maps for our various departments, digitizing information, downloading data, following data backup policies, researching, setting up computers, working with technical equipment, installing software, troubleshooting problems, and performing various administrative duties.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assisting in assembling and digitizing information in ArcMap 10x and above
- Producing a variety of maps with ArcMap 10x and above
- Outreach to our member communities about regional issues related to mapping and development
- Production of maps for our member communities about activities in our lands
- Providing technical mapping support to our departments & responding to a variety of mapping requests
- Setup of computers, installation of software packages, & administrative support where needed
- Conduct spatial analysis and develop statistical reports
- Analyse data sets for daily decision- making procedures
- Prepare reports of geographical statistics based on spatial data
- Other duties as requested.
Additional skills and abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to establish repertoire with company employees and attract good candidates to the company
- Learning capability to understand organizational and team specific requirements and translate them into personnel requirements
- Ability to work with management team on HR requirements and issues and address them effectively
- Must be responsible, self- motivated, self- starter, personable and well organized.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations like large number of job requirements in short duration, tight budgets and high quality expectations
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including MS Office software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
Education- Degree/Diploma in GIS
PG: Any, Not desired
Doctorate: Any Doctorate - Any Specialization, Doctorate Not Required
How to apply
Interested candidates can apply on [email protected]