The Indian Institute for Human Settlements (IIHS) is a national education institution committed to the equitable, sustainable and efficient transformation of Indian settlements. IIHS aims to establish an independently funded and managed national university of eminence for research and innovation focused on the challenges and opportunities of India’s urban transition. The proposed IIHS University will be an institution of eminence that will host an integrated programme of quality campus-based education and research, training and lifelong learning for working professionals, distance and blended learning, as well as a whole array of practice and advisory services. The university will have a strong interdisciplinary orientation bringing together theory and praxis that is grounded in the South Asian context and also engages with and draws from knowledge across the globe.
The practice associate will be an External Consultant and shall be a part of an IIHS Project Team working on land records management and associated egovernance support initiatives. S/he will work on the real estate regulation related aspects of land governance and administration, including policy questions and implementation support. This will involve carrying out detailed statistical, evidence based and interpretative analysis of legal, institutional and on-the-ground situation in the context of real estate regulation, and teaching and training activities related to it. The responsibilities will include project implementation and coordination with various partners. The position is based in our Delhi office and involves significant travel and field-work in select locations. This will be a contractual position initially for the duration of 11 months, renewable on mutual consent.
Type of engagement: This is a contractual engagement for an initial term of 11 months, renewable on mutual consent. This offer is on an exclusive basis, which implies that other professional assignments (whether compensated or not) that bear a potential conflict of interest with IIHS cannot be undertaken.
Location: This position is based in Delhi and may entail travel to other locations in India.
Activities and Tasks
Responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Assisting in analysis of the real estate sector, status of its regulatory framework, accessibility and transparency in the sector, benchmarking of noteworthy initiatives and best practices, and carrying out relevant analysis on the subject;
- Assisting in collection and analysis of real estate related data, trends, polices, legislation, and case laws, towards improved regulation of the sector;
- Supporting the land team in research, analysis and recommendations on initiatives towards improving systems of governance and management of land;
- Assisting in project implementation tasks, including working at/with site offices/teams; carrying out and managing field-work; managing clients; coordination with partners; organising meetings and consultations (online/offline); preparing and circulating conference proceedings; ensuring cost-effectiveness of assignments; and assisting in reviewing and evaluating performance;
- Engaging with government officials and other relevant stakeholders as required;
- Project management and organisational support roles and functions as needed.
- Assisting in other relevant projects at IIHS;
- Translating the learnings from research and practice experiences into knowledge through publication of journal articles, working papers, case studies etc.;
- Providing support in content development and assisting in course delivery for training and capacity building initiatives related to urban governance and management, by using sectoral expertise along with various pedagogical approaches;
- Providing support to other IIHS activities including academics, research, training, practice, operations and others;
- Participating in all activities of Institution-Building at IIHS, carrying out tasks as assigned by IIHS; and travelling on IIHS work within or outside the country as needed.
Structure and Reporting
The practice associate will be an External Consultant coordinating with the Consultant -Practice at IIHS and will be required to collaborate effectively with a diverse group of internal teams and external individuals/organizations, and students.
The ideal candidate should have a Master’s degree in Planning/Real Estate & Construction Management/Law/Public Policy or related fields with 1 year of relevant work experience or; a Bachelor’s degree in Planning/Real Estate & Construction Management/Law/Public Policy or related fields with two years of relevant work experience.
How to apply: Online Application
Last Date to Apply: The search will remain open until the position is filled.
Official Information available at: IIHS_Career