|Location||Bangalore/ Mumbai, India|
|Date Posted||May 10, 2019|
|Estimated Salary or Stipend||Negotiable|
|Experience Requirement||3-4 Years|
WRI India is seeking of Data Analyst – Project Associate to support Bus Karo team of Sustainable Cities Program to help Government and private transport agencies and other stakeholders to mainstream data-oriented decision making to enhance their efficiency. With her/his knowledge the Data Analyst will undertake research, prepare analysis and tools to understand and visualize transport data and support towards decision making.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Collect, organize and clean up relevant datasets from a variety of sources.
2. Programming for various analysis, perform linear, non-linear, logistic regression and other mixed models of analysis.
3. Create visualizations for easy interpretation of the data for wide range of audiences.
4. Support the creation of reports, communication material based on the data analysis and present to stakeholders whenever required.
GIS analysis and modelling
1. Prepare GIS models and conduct analysis using various types of data available.
2. Undertake remote sensing and feed into analysis.
3. Prepare visualization, maps of the GIS data as required by the team.
Research and tools
1. Conduct research and formulate tools to process data and derive insights.
2. Help analysis across projects, create custom functions, procedures and dashboards for data analysis as per required by the team.
3. Attend interactions with Government and other stakeholders to understand their requirements.
1. Masters/Bachelor’s degree in statistics, computer science and/or economics is required; background in public policy preferred.
2. 3-4 years’ experience in data science and policy analysis or related areas of work, with strong analytical abilities.
3. Experience with coding, particularly Python, R, Java script; knowledge of statistical languages such as Stata, SPSS.
4. Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS)/web-mapping, particularly ESRI ArcGIS software, AutoCAD.
5. Knowledge of Remote Sensing.
6. Experience with Google Earth Engine.
7. Sound knowledge of spatial analytics and modelling.
8. Knowledge of National Urban Information Services (NUIS, India) data classification standards and open data standards.
9. Experience of working in and knowledge of the transport sector in India and the evolving transport landscape.
10. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks across different teams, and take initiative to get things done.
11. Demonstrated writing ability to communicate complex ideas in well-organized, everyday language.
12. Ability to self-manage and meet deadlines.
How to apply
Qualified applicants should apply online at www.wri.org/careers. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Job Location Street Address
WRI office Bangalore/ Mumbai