AECOM is seeking a Transportation Planner to be based in Austin, TX .
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Supports technology division in performing feasibility studies focused on emerging technology solutions
- Collects a variety of statistical data and prepares reports and maps on topics such as census information, land use, origin, and destinations, etc.
- Performs research on connected and autonomous vehicle (CAV) technology and emerging infrastructure technology to assist with project alternatives and solutions
- Assists project team with data analysis and alternative development
- Assists with developing presentation material such as PowerPoints to present project status, alternative development, stakeholder presentations, etc.
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of smart mobility solutions and strategies to improve safety and mobility
- BA/BS + 2 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning, Traffic Engineering, Transportation Planning or 2+ years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative team setting
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with ArcGIS
- Experience in demographic and economic analysis
- Experience with graphic design
- Relocation assistance is not offered for this position
- Sponsorship is offered for this position
- AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absence, voluntary benefits, perks, wellness and global well-being, and global EAP, Business Travel and Service Awards programs.
- Offered rate of compensation (Texas locations only) will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The salary range for this position is $56,000 – 95, 000/yr.
AECOM is the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle – from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $13.1 billion in fiscal year 2022. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.