|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Date Posted||June 5, 2020|
|Estimated Salary or Stipend||Non-Disclosed|
|Experience Requirement||• Estidama certified desired or in the process of qualifying • Software skills required: • AutoCad • Adobe Illustrator • GIS • 3D Modelling (Sketchup, Rhino or similar is required) • Adobe InDesign • Microsoft Office (With emphasis on Excel desired) • Skills in Revit are desired but not essential. • Project portfolio demonstrating exploration and interest at the urban block or city scale as well as a passion or for the contemporary issues of planning, urban design and urban sustainability. • Excellent graphic and written communication skills. • Proactive work ethic and ability to work independently. • Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other employees. • Ability to maintain a high energy level and a positive attitude in challenging situations. • Desire for continued learning and career growth.|
Stantec Dubai has an opening for a Junior Urban Designer to support on ongoing projects. Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Duties and responsibilities
• Produce Master Plan Level Diagrams and high quality graphics fitting report deliverables format and requirements
• Conduct research and analysis associated to the project
• Prepare drawing and report templates and graphic color shemes
• Assist in preparation of site analysis by describing applicable patterns of land use, density, ownership, urban fabric, transit networks, open space networks, community amenities, etc.
• Identify existing facilities and infrastructure on site, and characterize relevant environmental data.
• Assist in benchmarking by identifying and describing comparable projects and/or design aspects.
• Assist in idea generation of the framework master plan and develop the finer urban grain for components of the plan with guidance from the project or senior design lead
• Develop 3D Massing model studies
• Develop and conduct optioneering exercises using 3D and /or 3D graphics
• Assist Senior or Design Leads in production of master plan framework schemes for a range of project types and scales by preparing sketches, drawings, illustrations, 3D models, and rendered plans and perspectives.
• With support of the senior urban designer implement authority requirements and regulations
• Prepare presentations and reports including written narratives, calculations, and selection of relevant imagery.
• Set up report and project templates with guidance from the Senior or Project Lead
• Set up Master Plan Base Drawings in illustrator, AutoCAD, GIS based on the project process workflow
• Degree in Architecture is preferred; post graduate qualification in Urban Design or Planning is a plus.
• One to Three (1-3) years of professional experience in urban design and planning
How to apply
Apply on the official website link given below:
Job Location Street Address
United Arab Emirates-Dubai