About your role:
The GIS Intern will be a key member of WRI India’s Ross Centre for Sustainable Cities, Road Safety and Urban Transport team and will work on a variety of data-driven analysis across our core practice areas, leveraging data, information and technical expertise to make informed interventions to enhance road safety. By transforming data into actionable insights and solutions, we aim to assist our stakeholders to design solutions that enable sustainable city growth. The role involves conducting site studies, mapping and documentation, coordination for primary & secondary surveys, developing cost & quantity estimates etc. for on-going projects. The GIS intern will also support the team in ongoing projects by co-designing tasks & preparing implementation plans.
How your day will unfold:
Research & Analysis (60%)
Conduct data exploration, quantitative research and provide customized analytical solutions and insights to meet project requirements
Work with project teams to assess and organize complex data assets from a variety of sources for spatial modeling
Advise staff and partners on geospatial analyses and visualizations on request
Contribute to written outputs, including peer-reviewed articles, WRI working papers, and blog posts
Technical Support & Outreach (40%)
Develop data visualization dashboards, interactive web-maps, and storyboards that help in communicating complex data and insights into captivating visual outputs
Prepare professional visualizations to be leveraged in presentations, publications, and online platforms
Qualifications and Requirements we seek:
•0-1 year of relevant work experience in the Urban Planning and Design field with working experience in GIS and ArcGIS online.
• Post-graduation in Urban Planning/Design or Geo-informatics from a recognized university/institution.
• 0- 1 year of work experience, freshers are encouraged to apply.
• Proficient/working knowledge of ArcMap Desktop Advanced and ArcGIS Online (including ArcGIS Apps) is mandatory.
• Experience in spatial analysis and modeling (e.g., use of ArcGIS Spatial Analyst tools, or equivalent)
• Additionally, proficiency in QGIS, Google Maps APIs, PowerPoint and Excel is required.
• Proficiency in data collection, validation, research, and analysis.
• Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate complex concepts and analyses with clarity in both oral and written formats.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking capacity.
• Detail oriented and able to handle complex tasks or projects.
• Excellent academic performance.
• Excellent demonstrated skills in English.
• Accountable and can work across a diverse team.
Stipend: 25000 Per Month
Location: Delhi, Mumbai India
Duration: 6 Months
List of Documents to be attached:
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose. Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
Apply Here : https://jobs.jobvite.com/wri-india/job/ocuxnfwk
About WRI India
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.